Views
Helpful
Replies

2960S Web upgrade

David Kondicz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i want upgrade my catalyst 2960S and 3560x at midnight, but i am worried about config loss.  If i upgrade my switch throught web interface, will need I reconfigure the switch?

Thank you

BR

David

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

David

In general there is no problem with config loss when doing an upgrade of code, especially if the upgrade is a version upgrade and not a change of feature set. As long as you assure that the new version of code is correctly loaded in flash and tha the boot variables are correctly updated then I can not think of a reason why you would need to reconfigure the switch.

If you are really concerned about this then I would suggest that you start with a single switch and try that one before you do a group of them.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
i want upgrade my catalyst 2960S and 3560x at midnight, but i am worried about config loss.

I have > 450 2960S in my network and I upgrade their IOS regularly.  Very, very regularly.  I've never "lost" one.

Save the config BEFORE you start your IOS upgrade and I never used the HTML option.  I always use CLI because it gives me leverage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card