Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960x - 15.2.4E6 - %ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL

Today we upgraded Cisco WS-C2960X-24TD-L switch to 15.2.4E6.

After the reboot we got the error message
%ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization.  This product may contain software that was copied in violation of Cisco's license terms.  If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet.  Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information.

What can we do whith this?

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

post the show License output

i believe you hitting with a bug, either upgrade to new version or contact TAC

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur56395

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Upgrading the switch to 15.2(7)E0a don`t resolve the problem.

Raise an TAC case for assistance if you smartnet contract, they can asists for RMA if required.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Raise a TAC Case and organize for an RMA.

cmarva
Level 4
Level 4

are you rebooting via the CLI or pulling the plug? There is a field notice on this, and in my experience the couple of times that I have seen this, pulling the plug resolved it. But the condition that we had was both the original software was 15.0.2ex, and the switches had stack mods. if you have not tried that then that's what i would suggest. If you have done that, then disregard.

Leonid Voronkin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, Community. I would not open new theme.

But could someone explain me the nature of this problem? I've already read all the Troubleshooting Tech Notes and bugs bulletins and I don't need methods how to solve this problem. But I want to know the reason of appearance this phenomenon. How can I determine befor upgrade will it happen with my switch or not.

We are facing with this problem during upgrade 2960x from 15.2.2E4 to 15.2.4E8. But even old software is not affected if referenced bug tracker and troubleshooting tech notes.

May be someone comprehended the essence of the problem.

May be cisco employees can comment it?

Long-story-short: Open a TAC Case and organize for an RMA.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card