Views
Helpful
Replies

2960X-48TS-L hangs at Testing Memory

Oliver.Gao36
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,
I was facing an issue after 2960X switch upgrading IOS to a higher version, after rebooting.
my switch always hangs at

CPU rev: B
Image passed digital signature verification
Board rev: 5
Testing DataBus...
Testing AddressBus...
Testing Memory from 0x00000000 to 0x1fffffff...| S

can someone help to give me solution?

23 Replies 23

These are "new" from our vendor.  Looking, most have build dates of late 2018.  So maybe not new production but new in sealed boxes from Cisco.  Came loaded with 15.2.2 something.

I only pull the power cord.  None of this is with "reload".  Even after a successful update, I pull power on a switch and make sure it comes up from cold.  If I build a stack with it, I'll do the entire stack at least twice from cold before saying "ready to deploy."

Contact Cisco TAC and get them involved.
They need to quickly determine if this is hardware or software issue.

TAC case was open before I posted here.  No need to state the obvious.

I am experiencing the same issue. switch hangs at memory test.  this switch was purchased refurbished and i do not have RMA. are there any fixes for this. should i try disconnecting cmos battery or something?

Try going to back to previous version from ROMMON 

Hard power cycle

Reseat 

If nothing then RMA

## Make sure to mark post as helpful, If it resolved your issue. ##

## Make sure to mark post as helpful, If it resolved your issue. ##

Im try to reboot c2960-48-TS-L switch and hold Mode button but seen nothing happen. Screen hang here

Untitled.png

ckelly
Level 1
Level 1

Our ultimate solution was to no longer buy any 2960X units.  Turns out several of ours are "gray market" and Cisco won't RMA the units.  So - junk pile.  Bought a bunch of Dell N20xx units, no problems.  And they boot 10x faster.  

pls updae

is this prblm solved - or no ??

if solved - pls give the solutions 

regards,

contact TAC for RMA

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card