Views
Helpful
Replies

2960X Stack LACP to DELL issue

i.leridant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've a WS-C2960X-24TD-L (let's call him the firest one) working fine with LACP to Cisco device and DELL device.

It was working fine.

To prevent a SPOF, my customer bought an other (the second one).

I've configured a stack between the coupe of WS-C2960X-24TD-L.

With no interface configured everything's fine.

I bundle a pair of TenGig to the Cisco 4500X (VSS), the sky is still blue.

I start to bundle my gig interface linked to a DELL fabric and this is bad : each switch remove the other from the stack and this sample of messages appear : 

Sep 7 15:32:55.730: %EC-5-L3DONTBNDL2: Gi1/0/2 suspended: LACP currently not enabled on the remote port.
Sep 7 15:32:55.824: %EC-5-L3DONTBNDL2: Gi1/0/15 suspended: LACP currently not enabled on the remote port.
Sep 7 15:32:56.083: %EC-5-L3DONTBNDL2: Gi1/0/16 suspended: LACP currently not enabled on the remote port.
Sep 7 15:32:56.656: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Port-channel3, changed state to down.

I break the stack, reload the first one and it's working again.

I put again the stack and start the second one and boum, the same logs and erros appears !

Has someone an idea ?

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Have you tried the same config but with no LACP (mode on)?

Are you connecting the stack of switches to one server?

HTH

Hi Reza,

I am connecting the stack to 4 DELL powerconnect I/O module running LACP on their uplink to my stack.

The originale configuration is LACP for both and when my first switch is standalone there is no issue.

When I set up the stack, my first has still every connection and after 2 minutes the stack is broken : on each the other stack member is seen "removed".

I shut every interface of the stack (1/0/1 - 24 and 2/0/1 - 24 + my 4 Po), I configure correctly the second one's interfaces in order to change connections, and reload the two switches.

Then everything is fine.

i "no shut" the Po to activate my interfaces 2/0/1 - 16 then 2 minutes later I have the same logs, on the second switch of the stack, and each other is removed of the stack.

I remove the LACP conf and put "mode on" and I have the same issues for each case.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card