cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960X

Damian.Portillo
Level 1
Level 1

We have been updating the latest suggested IOS to our Switches, When I push the IOS it shows both the Old and New IOS in sh flash: but when I type sh boot it shows the Old IOS and when I type in sh ver I seen the New IOS. But on the other Switches We have done it shows both the New and Old IOS when I type sh boot. We keep the Old on there for backup.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You are supposed to set the bootvar to the IOS you want the device to use per default as it boots, but another one can be booted manually too if that would ever be needed (don't make things more complicated then needed).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You are supposed to set the bootvar to the IOS you want the device to use per default as it boots, but another one can be booted manually too if that would ever be needed (don't make things more complicated then needed).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card