cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3064-t end of life, where to go from here

ciscokid6969
Level 1
Level 1

I manage IT for a small company with a 3064-T 10gig ( N3K-C3064TQ-32T ) switch that runs the core. The rest of the network is all edge switches that are 2960x.

As i said, one switch runs the core of the network. This makes it difficult to do any work to it. I was looking into getting a redundant switch and noticed that this is end of life as of several years ago, with end of support coming within the next year or so. So I am leaning away from buying another one (from ebay or whatever).

The end of life document says the upgrade path is to the Cisco Nexus 3172TQ-XL . As this is the same series, and was launched in 2015 by the looks of it, i want to make sure it will not go end of life in the next few years.

So my question is, how likely am i to be able to get 5 years out of this 3172tq-xl switch? and secondly, is there another recommended upgrade path? or is this 5 year old switch still current.

Our vlan count is low, few hundred acls. but the main thing i need is 48 10gig copper ports for my servers and storage. We have about 250 desktops and users, so small business with no unique requirements really.

any help appreciated. thanks.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: