Views
Helpful
Replies

3548 in distribution layer

Ruterford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am planning to use 3548 in the distribution layer, will be having some HP L2 blade switches connected to a pair of 3548s  via 10G doing vPC and planning to run EIGRP on them. Wondering if there is something I need to consider and be concerned of, as nexus 3548 is kind of new for me.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I don't think, VPC is supported on the 3548.

If you are planning to do full EIGRP, make sure you have "LAN Enterprise" license.

HTH

Ok, then will be looking at 3064 then, how about those?

VPC is not supported in the Nexus 3548 at this point. You have to use Nexus 3064s for that. These are totally two different platform.

HTH

I did some more research and found that :

The release notes are current showing support for VPC on 3500 in 6.0(2)A3(1):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus3548/sw/release_notes/602_A3_1/n3k_rel_notes_6_0_2_a3_1.html#pgfId-481569

Could you please upgrade the iOS and try to configure the same?

HTH

regards

Inayath

***Please dont forget to rate all usefull posts********

Thanks for the research, but I do not have the switch yet.

I am just planning on getting either 3548 or 3064-32X to place it in the distribution layer. So now I am thinking on 3064 instead of 3548. Wondering if 3064 supports vac on all the ports and if there is any other gotchas I need to be aware of. 

DOes 3548 has a "better" HW than 3064? Since you are saying that 3548 is beginning its vPC support, I am wondering which one would be better to get for my task - 3064 or 3548. 

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card