Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3550-48T Post Issue

I have a 3550 that upon power on, ports light up green, status flashes green. After 1 or 2 seconds, the status light goes solid amber, port 1 is solid amber and all other ports are solid green. I've searched for the order of the post tests to tell what is failing and if its recoverable or not. Any one with a suggestion as to whats next, would be greatly appreciated. Internally, i dont see any damage (water, arcing, etc.)

10 Replies 10

Hi,

I would really suggest you connect a pc with console cable to the switch and check the errors it shows there, if any.
Perhaps copy-paste them here.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Srry, yeah I ment to mention that too, No output with console cable connected. Its weird.

Are you connecting the console cable to the right com port?

to verify click on start/devices and printer

HTH

yes, I know for a fact the console port, system, cable, etc is working and that the lack of input is from the switch.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate post. 

again, thought the other didnt get posted so i reposted.

again, thought the other didnt get posted so i reposted.

Please delete the other thread.

1) I dont know how, I looked and i dont see where to delete

2) If you have nothing to contribute, dont post.

2) If you have nothing to contribute, dont post.

Fortunately, I DO HAVE something to contribute. 

I'm just pointing out some of the difficulties experienced by people when someone makes multiple posts of the same issue.  A lot of people make multiple posts hoping, like a shotgun-approach, someone MIGHT respond.  Unfortunately, this can be a detriment because no one knows WHICH THREAD to post the response.

Like I said, I have something to contribute to your THREADS, but I just don't know WHICH THREAD to respond to because you've created multiple threads of the same post.

Again, as I have stated before, twice actually. I thought my first post didnt go through, I checked the history and it didnt show any active discussions, so I posted it again. After the second post, a period of about 30 minutes, both were posted. I tried to delete the first post but I cannot find where to do it. Ive explained this now 4 times. I dont know how else to clarify this to you anymore than I already have. I am not "shotgun posting". Its not really a detriment to the resolution, as if the individual replies to either thread posted by me, I'll see the post. Like you've seen both posts and commented on both. I dont understand why you cant get over the posting mistake, NOBODY cares except you. You clearly have nothing to add as you havent added anything constructive, just complaining about the posts. I didnt expect a resolution from these forums and its people like you that ruin them. Thank you for jack.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card