Join Customer Connection to register!
Views
Helpful
Replies
shawn
Beginner

3560 dscp tagging

Hello All,

I am working with another vendor's wireless hardware and they require that that management traffic is marked with DSCP 6. The vendors CPE mgmt IP is in its own vlan and gets an IP from our dhcp server, where i can see the dhcp request marked with DSCP 6. The problem is i cannot ping or access the web management interface on the CPE once it has an IP. The vendor says that it becasue I'm not marking traffic on my switch with DSCP 6, does that make sense? I didn't think that packets would be dropped or filtered if they didn't have a particular DSCP value. Does any have any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thanks!

CPE                           <--------->  AP  <---------------> 3560 <------------> 2621                           

mgmt ip 10.1.10.100/24                                            |                      vlan10

vlan 10                                                                    |                      ip 10.1.10.1/24

dscp 6                                                                    |

PC

10.1.10.5/24

0 REPLIES 0