cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 Mgmt IP address becomes unreachable

david-flores
Level 1
Level 1

I have many 3560 access layer switch spread across the campus.  Over the past few weeks, my Cisco Prime LMS server has alerted me at random times the management ip address of various switches is down.  I have confirmed from my system that I cannot reach the ip as well during this time.  After several minutes, it typically comes back online.  After being able to get back to the cli of the switch, I see from show ver that the switch has not gone down, or rebooted, also, nothing in the switch logs shows any interfaces going down either.  I have confimred that this occurance does not affect user traffic during this time.  Not sure if some sort of spanning-tree issue is happening, but was wondering if somebody can give me a step in the right direction to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Richard Primm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you checked the CPU on the switches? Do we see spikes at the same time we loose connectivity? Just a thought.

Lp

That was one of the things I checked, but it was low. I should mention that while my monitoring server and my PC could not connect during this outage, I was able to connect to the switch in question from a cli session from the switch that was up linked to this switch and then monitor. CPU and memory usage, which as mentioned was normal.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Are your switches trunked? If so, are you using the mgmt vlan as the native vlan?

Yes they are trunked.  No we are not using mgmt vlan as the native vlan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card