Helpful
Replies

3560 PSU size

kim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody :)

Thanks for a great forum!

I was wondering why one would go with a 3560E-48PD-EF instead of a 48PD-E. Meaning why would i choose the much larger psu when this switch doesnt support stacking?

Can anyone explain the reasoning behind the larger psu?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "F" means FULL power.   The standard power is only 370w which translate to 7.7w PoE power per port (48-port switch).  

But if you have the bigger power supply, this means you are guaranteed 15.4w PoE for up to 48-ports.

Your choice.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The "F" means FULL power.   The standard power is only 370w which translate to 7.7w PoE power per port (48-port switch).  

But if you have the bigger power supply, this means you are guaranteed 15.4w PoE for up to 48-ports.

Your choice.

Hey Leo :)

Thanks for your input! You confirming this made me look again, and the according to the product guide both provide 15.4w for all 48 ports... However right below that comparison is a link to an online comparison.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/catalyst-3560-e-series-switches/models-comparison.html

This online comparison states that 3560E-48PD only provides 15.4w for class 2 devices.

So in other words the product guide is wrong... 

Thanks for helping out :)

Thanks for taking the time to rate our posts.  laugh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card