cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 switchports light up together?

Ryan Fisher
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3560G, and about five minutes ago (right before I start working on it of course) I noticed that int gi0/50's link light is dimly lit and is flashing the same as int gi0/49.  gi0/49 is set to be a routed interface, nothing special, and gi0/50 has nothing in it, not even a SFP.  The light is clearly not as bright as int 49, but it is flashing the same as it.  I've tried shutting down int 50, nothing affects it.  Any ideas?  Would a switch reload fix this?

interface GigabitEthernet0/49

no switchport

ip address 10.74.xx.xx 255.255.255.0

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/50

shutdown

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/51

channel-protocol pagp

channel-group 10 mode desirable

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/52

channel-protocol pagp

channel-group 10 mode desirable

Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image                
------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------              
*    1 52    WS-C3560G-48TS     12.2(52)SE            C3560-IPBASEK9-M
Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Mathias Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

I think your simply seing the light from the LED on port Gi0/49 through the clear plastic of the port Gi0/50.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like you are just getting some light bleed thru

from the LED in port 49 .  I wouldn't worry about it .   Plug in a pc to port 50 and activate it and see if it goes full bright and then deactivate it .  If its blinking in  unison with 49 sounds like  just the LED light bleeding over inside the case to port 50 .

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, it's just that it all of a sudden started doing it.  Thanks for the replies, and I'll give that a try

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card