cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 v2 install at remote site

mfurst_aphysci
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote site that's just installed a Cataylst 3560 v2 which I need to configure. I'm guessing the default username and password are both cisco; however, web GUI and Configuration Assistant won't let me in - both are asking for realm level_15_access. Is there another username/passwrod? I've tried SSH, too. What's the best way I can set this up remotely?

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have never used the GUI before, but if you are trying to Telnet or SSH, you need to configure the vty lines before you can access them.  This is assuming you already have an IP address on the switch and it is reachable.

here is an example of vty lines configs for telnet

line vty 0 4

login local

transport input telnet

line vty 5 15

login local

transport input telnet

username test password test123

username test privi 15

or this could be any other username you have on the device.

If you don't have these config, you would need to send some one to console to it.

HTH

This switch doesn't come with a console cable and there's not another one there. The siwtch is suppsoed to have Express Setup, which I've used before. It did get a DHCP address from the network and not responding at 10.0.0.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card