cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 with config reloads to "Press Return..." but then goes to login when you press return.

artemme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am recycling a WS-C3560G-48TS. Loaded our standard config. When I reload or it times out, it takes me to the "
Press RETURN to get started!" prompt. I don't think it is the image but plan on upgrading the image.

Current image is 12.2(35)SE5

boot looks okay:

myswitch# sh boot
BOOT path-list      : flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin
Config file         : flash:/config.text
Private Config file : flash:/private-config.text
Enable Break        : no
Manual Boot         : no
HELPER path-list    :
Auto upgrade        : yes
Auto upgrade path   :

I need to ensure the switch reboots correctly in the event of power outage, etc... as no one can readily press enter.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Robin

2 Replies 2

artemme
Level 1
Level 1

it seems when I added the stop bit 1 to the console (line con 0) config, it shows the login as I would expect. Not sure if that is correct or what, but it appears okay.

I also closed and restarted my console application.

Dunno.

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Robin,

I do not see anything wrong with this. The "Press RETURN to get started." callout is the standard information displayed, regardless of whether the device is configured or not. Is this unexpected to you?

Best regards,
Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card