Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 with two ISP

ougwuoke
Level 1
Level 1

all,

I have a small shop. we are thinking of add another internet service here. Our current one is no longer trusted. My question is Can I use a 3560 with IPS image to connect the two ISP. Can i run load balance on the 3560 switch

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It depends. Believe at L3, 3560 supports most "standard" routing features, includes those that support multi-path routing, but there's often more involved when moving from one ISP to multiple ISPs. So, a 3560 may, or may not, be suitable in your instance.

Obi,

IP services image? Are you connecting 2 routers/ISPs with cisco 3560 switch? The easy way is to add 2 default routes on it. Then you do NAT on the routers.

C3560 can't do NAT. Does it still meet your requirements? If so,you can use it.

HTH,

Toshi

The ISPs are Ethernet handoff. My plan was to connect them both to the 3560 switch and create a small network between the switch and my ASA firewall.

Obi,

Like I mentioned, Cisco 3560 switch can't do NAT. So you can use ASA to do so. ASA can't do PBR. You may think of creating 2 interfaces or subinterfaces on ASA to separate 2 ISPs then do 2 default routes.

HTH,

Toshi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: