Views
Helpful
Replies

3560-X-24P-L IOS versions supported

Brett Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an older IOS on a 3560X and for cyber vulnerabilies, I would like to upgrade to the latest stable and supported IOS. We are currently running  c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE5.bin. It seems that I am restricted from downloaded newere universal images (Additional entitlement required). I was hoping someone may know what would be the latest 2018 version of IOS I could load into this unit? I am doing SSH/SNMPv3 so not certain which IPBASE or UNIVERSAL I should use. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Brett

5 Replies 5

Ben Samayoa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brett,

Please click in the below link I am sending to you, You will find the information you are looking for!

Finding the Software Version and Feature Set

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15-0_2_se/release/notes/OL25302.html#pgfId-432964

Please rate it if it helps, thank you.

regards,

Ben

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Stick with the latest 12.2(55)SE train.

Hi Leo, thank you for your response! May I ask why you recommend this? The reason I am asking is we are doing some Cyber remediation work and want to eliminate as many vulnerabilities as possible. From a security standpoint and this additional background, do you still suggest sticking with this train?

Thank you!

Brett

@Brett Martin wrote:

May I ask why you recommend this?

Because 12.2(55)SE train is the most stable IOS that Cisco has ever released.  Even the later ones, even from different platforms, cannot match the stability of this version.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i would still stick with latest 12.2.55-SE12 - it support SSH and SNMPv3 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card