cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560CX booting to brom prompt

marc.micalizzi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WS-C3560CX-8XPD-S that when it powers on the SYST LED is a solid blue, and using the serial console I see:

CPU rev: B
Image failed digital signature verification
Xmodem file system is available.
flash probe successful
create ifs brom
create ifs bs

brom>

Other posts I could find related to brom all seem to indicate a hardware failure, however they all also seemed to have error messages indicating memory issues, or other hardware faults. Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This  hardware fault.  If you have a Cisco smartnet contract, Raise an TAC case for switch replacement.

Still like to investigate try below option ( but i believe it is wasting time) - neven know your luck.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/41845-192.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

It's not even getting far enough to issue any of those commands, which require the switch: prompt, and the flash: mountpoint, neither of which I have. I believe that there is an issue with the second stage bootloader, which copying a new image over xmodem could possibly resolve, however without any documentation on recovering the second stagebootloader, or even which files are needed, that seems like a difficult task.

quick question does this device have smartnet contract ? if yes raise TAC case they can help to fix easy way and in the time manner.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Not currently, but the device is new so if I can't resolve it I will contact the vendor and see where I can get with them, possibly obtain a smartnet contract for the device. It's for home use so I'm trying to keep costs down considering the switch is already fairly expensive on it's own.

3560CX comes with Cisco's Enhanced Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty.   Details of this warranty can be found in the 3560CX Data Sheet under Table 10.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card