Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560CX SFP GLC modules

Hi All, 

I'm having a hard time to bring up my GLC-T (3rd party) modules with 3560CX compact switches. I tried with SFP-GE-T module as well. Every time when I pulg it says "  %PHY-4-SFP_NOT_SUPPORTED: The SFP in Gi0/16 is not supported" 

I enabled following commands as well. but no use, expect port stop goes to err-disable mode. 

no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid

service internal

service unsupported-transceiver

Am I missing somthing or 3560cx doesn't support at all? 

Thanks in advance. 

7 Replies 7

omejia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Could you please add the version and the model of the 3560 switch?

Regards.

- Omar

didierdebrouwer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

GLC-T is not supported on this switch (3rd party or Cisco) ->

supported modules:

Catalyst 3560 CX Series

WS-C3560CX-8PC-S
WS-C3560CX-8TC-S
WS-C3560CX-12TC-S
WS-C3560CX-12PC-S
WS-C3560CX-12PD-S
WS-C3560CX-8XPD-S

GLC-BX-D
GLC-BX-U
GLC-GE-100FX
GLC-LH-SMD
GLC-SX-MMD
GLC-EX-SMD
GLC-ZX-SMD
GLC-ZX-SM
GLC-LH-SM
GLC-SX-MM
DWDM SFP
CWDM SFP

15.2(3)E

15.2(3)E

Source

Regards;

D

permejdal
Level 1
Level 1

GLC-T modules will be supported for 2960CX and 3560CX from version 15.2(5)E.

Hmm. I have to put the new ios and see how it goes. But, Cisco document says hardware itself its not going to support due to GLC-T need more power than a normal SFP. Unless Cisco has really changed hardware infrastructure  I highly doubt its  going to work.

Do you have any supporting document saying its going to support on version 15.2. (5)E?

Thanks

Thili 

I have 2960CX and 3560CX switches, where I have installed 15.2(5)E, and I can confirm that they now work with GLC-T modules.

Normally the thermal limitations of the switch is 45°C. But when using GLC-T SFP modules, it is between 20 and 35°C depending of the physical installation (read source).

HI, do you know if the 3560CX works with GLC-TE? In the compatiblity matrix it is not clear to me.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE_Tx_Matrix.html#_Toc487104941

Thanks in advance.

Jorge

GuWiMa
Level 1
Level 1

Features Introduced in Cisco IOS Release 15.2(5)E

GLC-T SFP Module Support—The switches can now be used with GLC-T SFP module. For more details on the Operating temperature limitations, please refer the Catalyst 3560-CX and 2960-CX Switch Hardware Installation Guide on cisco.com

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card