Views
Helpful
Replies

3560g ios dhcp AP loosing ip address

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Not sure if this is a problem with the switch or the wireless AP connected to the switch, but I have a couple of 3560's, one is a 3560G and the other is a 3560, both have phones and wireless ap's connected to them.  The ap's on both of these switches continue to loose there ip address and thus disconnect from the controller.  This happens about once a week, but the odd thing is that the phones never loose there ip address.  All of my other 3560s and 3560g's that have AP's and phones connected are working fine.

Any ideas?

Dan.

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How do you know they are losing their ip address?  Or is it a problem of the path between these switches and whereever the wireless controller is located .  If for some reason they cannot talk to the controller they will go down which seems more likely than a device actually losing it's ip address.  I would start by doing extended pings from the controllers out to the ap's and look for any dropped packets and look for dirty links in the path.

I know because I connected to the terminal on the AP and it was trying to get an ip address and could not.  Also all of the leases were gone on the switch.  I had to power the AP off and on to resolve the issue.

Dan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card