cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560X-3750X IOS compatibility

shawnwanek
Level 1
Level 1

When I research the IOS's available to the 3560X I only see the universal images.  Is the switch backward compatible to older IOS images?  Can it run the ip services or adv ip services IOS images, assuming I purchased a similar license for the universal image?  Is anyone currently using an older IOS on the 3560X or 3750X?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Currently, there are only two IOS available for the "X":  12.2(53)SE and 12.2(55)SE.  You can't go any lower than that.

The new universal image means you download one file and get a license key to "unlock" the features you want.  For instance if you purchased a switch with IP Base by mistake you can just contact your authorized Cisco reseller and purchase a key to upgrade to, say, IP Services

View solution in original post

Yogesh Ramdoss
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shawn,

As of now, 12.2(53)SE2 and 12.2(55)SE are the two IOS releases available at the CCO download page, for this platform.

3560X/3750X are NOT compatible with earlier images.

- Yogesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Currently, there are only two IOS available for the "X":  12.2(53)SE and 12.2(55)SE.  You can't go any lower than that.

The new universal image means you download one file and get a license key to "unlock" the features you want.  For instance if you purchased a switch with IP Base by mistake you can just contact your authorized Cisco reseller and purchase a key to upgrade to, say, IP Services

Yogesh Ramdoss
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shawn,

As of now, 12.2(53)SE2 and 12.2(55)SE are the two IOS releases available at the CCO download page, for this platform.

3560X/3750X are NOT compatible with earlier images.

- Yogesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco