cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3570 stackable switches models

alialjamri2008
Level 1
Level 1

I want to be sure for this before ordering: is the Enterprise-class stackable switches "WS-C3750X-48T-S" model can be stackable with "WS-C3750G-48TS" model.

Thanks,

Ali

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
is the Enterprise-class stackable switches "WS-C3750X-48T-S" model can be stackable with "WS-C3750G-48TS" model.

Yes as long as you have THE SAME IOS version and THE SAME Feature set.

Thanks, what did you mean by THE SAME Feature set, did you mean same image feature like (ip-base,...), or other feature related to hardware

Ali

That's correct.

You need to have the same feature set to the entire stack:  IP Base, IP Services, etc.

DuncanM2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I think it would also be worth mentioning that your mixing StackWisePlus with StackWise backplane technologies, as such the newer 3750X will negotiate down to using StackWise instead of StackWisePlus, which means you'll lose local switching on the 3750X.

Hope this helps!

Dunc

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Hi, I think it would also be worth mentioning that your mixing StackWisePlus with StackWise backplane technologies, as such the newer 3750X will negotiate down to using StackWise instead of StackWisePlus, which means you'll lose local switching on the 3750X.

I also recall you lose StackWisePlus's extra bandwidth and ring destination removal (for unicast), but are you sure a 3750X (or -E) also loses local switching?  Can you provide a reference on loss of local switching?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card