cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3650-24PD using 1Gb sfp in 10Gb port?

tporembski
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3650-24PD  with 2 x 1GB and 2 x 10GB,  interface are as follows.   gi1/1/1,gi1/1/2 , Te1/1/3 & Te1/1/4.  Should I be able to use the last two 10Gb ports as  1 GB  or are they only 10Gb usable?  If I can use them at 1 GB  what is needed in order to get that to work?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you post the exact switch model? Also, if the uplink ports are modular (not fixed), can you post the exact part number? 

Usually, if a module comes with 2 10Gig and 2 1Gig, you can only use 10Gig optics in the 10Gig ports and 1Gig optics in the 1Gig ports.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if they are Dual capabilites, you can only use 1GB or 10GB , you can use both 1GB and 10GB SFP.

Look at the module table :

Table 2.        1 and 10 Gigabit Fixed Uplink Configurations

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3650-series-switches/data_sheet-c78-729449.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Your response is confusing.  you first say you can only use 1 gb or 10 gb but than say you can use both?  The  link appears to represent that on can not use a 1gb sfp in the 10gb port?  Am i interpreting that correctly?

Can you post the exact switch model? Also, if the uplink ports are modular (not fixed), can you post the exact part number? 

Usually, if a module comes with 2 10Gig and 2 1Gig, you can only use 10Gig optics in the 10Gig ports and 1Gig optics in the 1Gig ports.

HTH

I mean to say depends on model, the port can be used as respected speed of the ports - as other post asked we need full model of the device or refer the table.

(some cases ldepends on uplink module can be used only one of them, so model details very important here)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card