cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3650 Enhanced Object Tracking

aweise
Level 1
Level 1

I use enhanced object tracking with EEM scripts in various locations throughout my network. However, when I went to apply this to a 3650 switch, it will not let the event manager applet act upon a tracked event. For example, here is the config I was working with:

ip sla 1
 icmp-echo 10.1.1.1 source-interface Vlan100

ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now

track 1 ip sla 1 reachability
delay down 10 up 5

event manager applet ROUTER_DOWN
 event track 1 state down

action 1...

action 2...

The "even track 1 state down" command is not available under the event manager applet. Is this a limitation on the 3650 or the IOS I'm running (16.12.5b)? Can I somehow track the status of the interface instead? The IP address is local to the switch.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks for me Limitation here.

is there any other device working on the environment with OLD IOS ?

some guide lines :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipapp/configuration/xe-3se/3650/iap-xe-3se-3650-book/iap-ets.html#GUID-A294B6B0-7E5A-4579-BED1-68DFBC8886D8

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have this running on a few routers and a couple of Nexus 7706 switches, but this is the first time on a 3650 switch. 

I would open a TAC case, but the last time I did so regarding an EEM script, I was told TAC didn't support them.

at least they can give you direction is this works on this platform or not.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card