Views
Helpful
Replies

3650 Software update - time

Benjamin Waldon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a WS-C3650-24PD that I need to upgrade from 03.03.04SE to a newer version. Not counting the time to transfer from the tftp server, how long should that take?

I am planning to use the software install file command listed here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3650/software/release/3se/system_management/configuration_guide/b_sm_3se_3650_cg/b_sm_3se_3650_cg_chapter_010101.html

I'm just trying to figure out how long of a window I should plan for. I'm thinking 30 minutes would be fine, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks,
Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jdesanti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The upgrade should not take longer than 20-25 minutes, however I would recommend to schedule a 1hr. maintenance window just in case.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jdesanti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The upgrade should not take longer than 20-25 minutes, however I would recommend to schedule a 1hr. maintenance window just in case.

Thank you so much, do you know what the rollback timer is? Seems to be some kind of mechanism for automatically going to a safe configuration.

I really don't have any need to use this feature. But, I need to figure out if there is something else that I need to do to ensure that it doesn't just go back after I upgrade.

Does the reload clear the rollback? ie once the reload is complete, it doesn't rollback.

Well, I would not consider the rollback feature as a mechanism for automatically go back to a previous version because you still need to use the "software rollback" command, hence there is no timer. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card