cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750-48TS SFP

KURT MORRIS
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to install the GE SFP, LC GLC-SX-MM for a 3750-48TS upside down?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kyle Cohne
Level 1
Level 1

I don't beleive you can install any SFP upside down. I beleive they are designed to fit one way only.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Kyle Cohne
Level 1
Level 1

I don't beleive you can install any SFP upside down. I beleive they are designed to fit one way only.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kurt,

Yes, just make sure the SFP module is all the way in the slot and secure and so is the LC cable connectors.  Once it is in it should not fall off.

I am assuming you mean the switch is upside down right?

HTH

Reza

Actually the swtich is installed right side up , but we were not able to establish link integrigty after trying 2 different 3750's and multiple 62.5 fiber cables.

I am relying on remote site help and wanted to rule out  installing the sfp the wrong way. The far end device is a 6509 w/6516-GBIC which was not touched. We finally re-installed the original 3548-xl and of course the link came up.

The SFP can only be inserted one way.  Since you are using 62.5 fiber, is the SFP defiantly multimode?

Yes.

have you tried a different SFP module?

Yes, as stated earlier we have tried 2 different 3750's and multiple fiber cables.

Does it say anything in the logs ? Is it an cisco gbic ?   It may not work otherwise.  I believe there was a command  to bypass the check to see if it was a real cisco gbic .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco