Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 change access ip to a other Vlan

R2D2_kj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I want to chnge a ip address on a 3750 l3 switch.

On the switch some vlan configure.

Old ip address was in Vlan 1 and need to move to vlan 150

Ob the switch the router was connect and use also Vlan 1

The default gateway point to a ip adress from vlan 1

?? How to assign for the switch a new ip address in vlan 150 with the subnetmask from vlan 150 without interruption on vlan 1

Sobthe access to rhe switch works with the new ip address from the range of vlan 150

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A there will small blip in the network while transition and depends on network size.(do you also need vlan1 interface running, or like to decommission)

I am only addressing the VLAN change hee ( since we do not know full of your environment correctly here)

checks

1. Hope respected ports are allowed and configured to belong to VLAN 150 , ( like access port, Trunk, Port-channels)

2. Configure interface VLAN 150 - shutdown and then add IP address.

3. on the change or maintenance window shut down the VLAN 1, un shut vlan 150 - this where blp start (how fast you doing important ( keep 2 windows, onside shut and other side unshut to recover fast)

4. testing with ping

I hope this makes sense?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

vlan 1 will still exisit !

i only want to change the ip of the switch to a ip from. Vlan 150!

vlan 1 still exist and all other decices are still in vlan1 

any idea how to handle ?

Layer 2 VLAN 1 you mean, yes that will exist and work as Layer2 Only, you only shutdown VLAN SVI (Layer 3 interface ) to VLAN 150, as per your requirement.

but if you have any device having an IP address in VLAN1, will be breaking the connectivity, since you moved VLAN SVI interface IP address to  VLAN 150, you need to migrate to those access port to VLAN 150 to work.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Ok ! Thanks !

and ti change only the accessip For the gui ?

i want to use vlan 1 and all other ! Goal was onyl to change the access to swotch to a ip from a ip witch contains to vlan 150 ! I do it with the access switches there i change ip and subnetmask to vlan 150 ! Now the core 3750 also need to migrate to vlan 150 only for switch access ! Managment ip

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card