cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 Layer 3 Netflow Suggestions

Ryan Curry
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all, I know that the 3750's don't support NetFlow but I thought there was a way to SPAN a port to a router interface and use that to export the flow traffic to our flow collector.  I've been searching for documentation to help me step through this process and have come up empty-handed.  Does anyone know of this process or might know of any documentation on this?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

The 3750 does not support netflow.

HTH>

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

I have heard some roumors that there is a card in the pipe for the 3750x to be able to do netflow,

If that is true that is truly great news.

When it comes to a netflow collector my guess is that a router will not work since the traffic does not pass through the router it only hits an interface.

I am not shure if an ASA in transparent mode will work. it might do the trick.

however I think that a normal span port on a switch will do good if the netflow collector is a pc/server.

Good luck

HTH

hey, did you ever get that setup to work? i am in the same situation and am going to try the same setup with a 3750x with a SPANned port to a 3825. I am deathly afraid of creating a routing loop, so if the routing to null actually worked, I was going to either restrict the traffic with an acl or even put the other interface in an ASA dmz and control the traffic with that. any other ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card