Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 %Platform does not support more than 32 HSRP groups

ifabrizio
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I got the error in object when I try to add a new HSRP group in new vlan.

All the HSRP group has the same HSRP group the 2.

There is a way to solve this problem?

If someone can also advice about another way to provide clients's default gateway redundancy for each Vlan intead to use the HSRP?

Best regards,

Igor            

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Igor,

on multilayer switches like C3750 you can re-use the same HSRP group number on different SVIs, this is the workaround for the limitation.and it works well

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already try to do in this way, but I got the error...It could be the old IOS that is installed? it is

c3750-i5-mz.122-20.SE4/c3750-i5-mz.122-20.SE4.bin

Hello Igor,

it is wise to test with a newer version of IOS as 12.2(20)SE4 is old.

try to install a version that supports also VRRP so that you have a possible workaround to use VRRP on some Vlans instead of HSRP.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

If you try to configure hsrp on more than 32 subnets or instances I don't think ti will work. A limitation of the platform . More info.This is out of the

12.2(55)SE  config guide.

HSRP Configuration Guidelines

Follow these guidelines when configuring HSRP:

HSRP for IPv4 and HSRP for IPv6 are mutually exclusive. You cannot enable both at the same time.

HSRPv2 and HSRPv1 are mutually exclusive. HSRPv2 is not interoperable with HSRPv1 on an interface and the reverse.

You can configure up to 32 instances of HSRP groups.

If you configure the same HSRP group number on multiple interfaces, the switch counts each interface as one instance:

For example, if you configure HSRP group 0 on VLAN 1 and on port 1, the switch counts this as two instances.

In the configuration procedures, the specified interface must be a Layer 3 interface:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card