Views
Helpful
Replies

3750E 10GE vPC to Nexus 7010

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I have a pair if Nexus 7010's in a vPC domain. I am looking into connect a stack of 3750E via 10GE to the Nexus 7010's using vPC. Can someone tell me the type of transceiver I would need to connect the 10GE port on the 3750E to a 32-port 10GE M1 linecard on the Nexus 7010 ?

Thanks all in advance !!

Danny

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Danny,

It depends on your fiber:

If your fiber is single mode you need

X2-10GB-LR

If your fiber is multimode you need

X2-10GB-SR

Data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7077/product_data_sheet0900aecd805bbe67.html

Since the Nexus uses SFP+ for 10Gig connectivity, if you are going directly between the 2 switches, your fiber patch cord needs to be SC to LC

HTH

Hi Reza, thanks for your help !!!

From the picture below I am seeing two LC fiber patch cables connecting to the twingig adapter, so I was confused on how to connect to other end to the 32-port M1 card on the Nexus. So you can use SC connector for the twingig ? please confirm.  Thanks again Reza !!!

Danny,

The two transceivers that Reza listed for you would be used in place of a Twingig adapter. The slot in which the Twingig is shown in that picture is an X2 slot. Therefore, a 10G X2 transceiver (either SR or LR, depending on multi- or single-mode fiber) would plug right in there.

The twingig adapter allows you to use the X2 slot for multiple one-gig transceivers instead of one 10G transceiver.

I hope this helps.

Matt

Thanks Matt !!! That was very helpful !!

Danny

Gavin Lodge
Level 1
Level 1

10gb SRs or LRs depending on distance. Or you might be able to use twinax, again depending on distance.

Gavin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card