cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G T Issue

jonesl1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2 3750G 24T's that are connected via Stackwise cables that has recently started kicking out some errors and I cant seem to make heads or tails out of them.  Here are the errors:

Mar  1 11:05:30: %LINK-3-BADMACREG: Interface StackPort1, non-existent MACADDR registry for link 0
-Process= "<interrupt level>", ipl= 4
-Traceback= 209FC4 187B7C 58A494 5886E8 2D7800 2DF894 2E2360 2E268C 2B0858

I have checked the stackports to verify connectivity and they all seem to be up and operating fine.

I can't seem to get any information from the command output tool other than contact TAC.  Unfortunately, there is no maintenance on this switch and I can't create a ticket.

The version of IOS that is currently on this switch is an older version of 12.1(19)EA1c.   I am assuming I can upgrade to 12.2(35)SE (correct me if i'm

wrong).   However, I'm not sure this is an IOS problem/Hardware issue or just a config issue. 

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron D
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like TAC is the only option here. I wouldtry a software upgrade since you don't have support.

Explanation   An attempt to map a network level address to a MAC level address has failed.

Recommended Action   Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/sem1/system/messages/emglcfe.html

View solution in original post

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you are hitting bug ID CSCee14673.

It should be fixed in the new IOS version like the one you said. However, I will go to 12.2(44)SE6 or so.

HTH,

jerry

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron D
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like TAC is the only option here. I wouldtry a software upgrade since you don't have support.

Explanation   An attempt to map a network level address to a MAC level address has failed.

Recommended Action   Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/sem1/system/messages/emglcfe.html

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you are hitting bug ID CSCee14673.

It should be fixed in the new IOS version like the one you said. However, I will go to 12.2(44)SE6 or so.

HTH,

jerry

Thank you for your help.   It does appear as though thats what my problem is.   I will attempt to upgrade my software and see

how that goes.   Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco