Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X duplicate IP error

grantsally10
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I have just moved to the 3750X switch and have connected it to a 6509E. From the beginning I was having OSPF encryption errors, followed by flood warnings, LSA issue's, duplicate IP's which is baffling me. There are no IP's which match on either switch however the 3750X was continually power recycling causing the interfaces drop continually.

Even after disconnecting from the 6509 the 3750X continue to behave in the same manner. Could there be some issue with this switch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sonugnair_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

1) Are you able to console to the switch? If so,what logs are you seeing? Is the POST getting completed.?

2) Have you tried connecting another power cable to switch or tried to boot it up from another power socket?

Regards.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sonugnair_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

1) Are you able to console to the switch? If so,what logs are you seeing? Is the POST getting completed.?

2) Have you tried connecting another power cable to switch or tried to boot it up from another power socket?

Regards.

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have tried another cable with the same affect, just keeps rebooting. I managed to console to the switch but within the logs I get the system restart message with all the mentioned errors followed by reboot and so on..

On the odd occassion the device remains active for 2-3 mins and then falls over again repeating all the errors.

Regards

Hi,

Now, if you totally isolate the 3750X, does it keep on rebooting? We need to make sure that the 3750x is OK at the hardware level.

Regards.

Yes I isolated the 3750X and it continues to do the same thing.

Regards

Hi,

This could be a hardware issue with the switch.

Please raise an RMA

Regards.

Thanks for you quick response. I'll get the hardware RMA'd..

Thanks once again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card