Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X member stack dead again

Leo Louis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Guys,

This  is one of my 7th Switch (3750X-24T-S) that died in a span of 1 year. Firstly i thought it was a faulty power-supply.But i see that PS light behind the switch is GREEN. I am unable to console into to switch. I tried both the RJ-45 console (Behind) as well the USB-pin console (Front).

The Serial no. of my switches are in the range FDO1640XXXX, FDO1641XXX. Is there any way to confirm if these devices come under the faulty range?

Does this happen when something goes wrong with the switch board? Since theres no way to console and get any output, how can anybody find out the Root cause ?

Suggestions/Recommendations.

Thanks,

Leo Louis

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Leo, 

I hope your dead appliance is covered under Service Contract.

Yes, it is and i can easily get the switch replaced from my Cisco Partner but i have two major concerns:-

1. The same problem happening multiple times

2. Since ours is a Security Govt. organization its very difficult to handover the physical device as it contains our internal configurations & ips. So we have to shred the switch.

So if there is any recommendation so that we can atleast remove the configs in some way so that we can ship the switch to cisco and get an RCA.

So we have to shred the switch

Cisco recycles some stuff but the memory is always shredded.

Thanks Leo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card