Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X POE+ unable to provide enough power to APs

steelinquisitor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I am trying to troubleshoot one of the clients 3750X POE+ with 12.2(55)SE5.  The APs that are connected to the 3750X are Motorola AP7131s.  This APs needs 25.5W.

I am have two 3560X POE+ with IOS 12.2(55)SE3 Universal and the other one is 15.0(2)SE2 universal.

In my lab I have lldp running, I was able to power on all 3 radios of my APs. I also tried to use power inline static max 25500, power inline consumption 25500, and power inline port 2x-mode and all of them works in my lab, but none of these commands work with 3750X switch on the client end.

The power supply they have has more power than the one I have in my lab, but for some reason their switch can't enable the 802.3at, and this causing all the APs to power down their 3rd radio and ge2 port.

The only thing I could think of now is the IOS version they have that causes the issue.  The APs are all working correctly when they were connected to POE Injector. The issue started when they migrated to 3750X POE stacked switch.

Would stacking the switches affect the POE+ ports?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, I'm no Moto user but can you explain what you mean by Ge2?

Are you saying that this AP has two Ethernet ports and both ports support PoE?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Nintendo App

Hello Leo,

Ge2 is another gigabit port on the AP, but it is not POE port.
I only use Ge1 port which is PoE port.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Try this:

1.  Remove:  power inline static max 25500;

2.  Remove:  power inline consumption 25500;

3.  Remove:  power inline port 2x-mode; and

4.  Add:  power inline auto max 30000

We have tried every power inline command, one at the time, but no luck. The APs are getting 802.3af instead if 802.3at. According to the IT guy at the site the only POE devices that are connected to the switch are the 7 APs.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Can you post the output to the command "sh power inline"?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card