cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750X - SDM and Firmware

mopepwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

I have several 3750X stacks and I need to update the SDM template. Since it requires a reboot, I would also like to upgrade my firmware. Can you change SDM and firmware then reboot? I have a small maintenance window. Currently at 12.2(58)SE2 and will be moving to 15(2)SE2. Will there be any issues if both are modified before the reboot with stack switches?

thank you for your time

mopep

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should be fine.  First, modify the SDM, save your config, load the new image, set your boot variable and finally reboot.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should be fine.  First, modify the SDM, save your config, load the new image, set your boot variable and finally reboot.

HTH

Thanks Reza. my maintenance window is next. will update.

thanks

mopep

Chris Balmer
Level 1
Level 1

Going to 15.X on the 3750X will update the micro code on it. This can take 30-60minutes per switch.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

thanks Chris.there would definitly be a 'pucker factor' not knowing that going into the upgrade..... I think I need to determine if there is any true benefit to upgrading.

mopep

mopepwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco