cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3825 not showing 3 gigabitethernet interfaces when NM 16ESW plugged in.

Stampeder
Level 1
Level 1

First time here. Excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask this question.

I have two 3825's with a NM 16ESW etherswitch card. When I plug this car into either of them it only shows two Ge interfaces show up (sho ip int br) not 3 as I have read on line. I cannot access the internal gigabitethernet port and thus cannot route from the 10/100 ports through the router to the outside world. I am running 15.1(4)M8

3825-ADVENTUREPRISE-K9-M
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Regards.
Glenn.
2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm surprised one of the built in interfaces dissappears.  Perhaps try going to a more recent gold star release of code like 15.1.4M12a.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=279042640&flowid=7529&softwareid=280805680&release=15.1.4M12a&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=MD&reltype=latest

To use the ports on the card you need to define VLANs, assign ports to those VLANs, and put your layer 3 configuration on the VLANs.

Thanks for the reply Philip.

What I find really strange is that both 3825s demonstrate the same issue.

I think you may be onto something however with the IOS version since it is common to both machines. I will have to get a copy of the one you suggest.

Best regards.

Glenn.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card