Views
Helpful
Replies

3825 Redundant Power Supply

DAvelarNIC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was a way to disable the RPS in a 3825? When I do a Sho Env All I get the following;

Redundant Power System is present.

RPS is in standby state

Redundant Power System is present.

RPS is in standby state

How ever there is no RPS in the system. At least not that I know of. There is only one power supply. Please let me know if there is any more information that would be required.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There is an LED RPS light in front of the router.  Can you check to see if it is green or off?

see figure 26 in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/3800/hardware/installation/guide/38troub.html

HTH

Hi Reza. It shows off. As well as when I do a sho platform it shows off and the aux PS1 LED is off.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a 3925 (not 3825) at work.  I will run the same command tomorrow and let you know. 

HTH

Hi Reza,

I was wondering if you had any more insight as to how I can remove the redundant power supply option for this particular router. We have several others like this through out the district but they do not have this option enabled.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card