cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3845 vlan / trunk to 2960S

knuckleheadbob
Level 1
Level 1

simple dot1q trunk but has me stumped, GE0/0 on the 3850 2 sub-int vlan10 vlan11 to GE1/0/1 switch port mode trunk. on the 3850 vlan interfaces protocol won't come up, if i switch to NM-16ESW-1GIG with switchport mode trunk protocol comes up, i have also tried channel-group but will not let me assign it if i set switchport mode trunk on the port-group

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Could you please share the configuration?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi

Could you please share the configuration?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

knuckleheadbob
Level 1
Level 1

no real configs at this point its a new setup that i have wiped out a couple of times over for what its worth if it helps

Interface GigabitEthernet0/0

no ip address

Interface GigabitEthernet0/0.10

encapsulation dot1Q 10

no ip address

!

Interface GigabitEthernet0/0.11

encapsulation dot1Q 11

no ip address

!

interface vlan10

ip address 10.0.10.1 255.255.255.0

!

interface vlan11

ip address 10.0.11.1 255.255.255.0

(NM MODULE)

interface GigabitEthernet1/0

switchport mode trunk

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1

switchport mode trunk

interface vlan10

ip address 10.0.10.252 255.255.255.0

interface vlan11

ip address 10.0.11.252 255.255.255.0

Thank you

There are 2 ways to make it works, if you are using sub-interfaces you will not use the SVI on the router and viceversa. 

Basically the NM-16ESW-1GIG is an ether switch module. So you could configure like:

(NM MODULE)

vlan 10 

vlan 11

interface GigabitEthernet1/0

description TO-SWITCH
switchport encapsulation dot1q  

switchport mode trunk
no shutdwon

The configuration below is required if this router will be the gateway for the VLANs. 

interface vlan10

ip address 10.0.10.1 255.255.255.0

!

interface vlan11

ip address 10.0.11.1 255.255.255.0

The sub-interfaces could be removed if you are going to use this scheme.

:-)

i have a need to carry the trunks across both the the etherswitch modules and the SVI manly to leverage the GB ports as uplinks to a couple of departments, currently i have 2 modules installed i could add 2 more but don't have a need to add the extra module if i could get the SVI port to play nice 

Hi

That is correct, you don't need extra modules, actually one port can be enough to transport all the VLANs, do you have picture or diagram how you are going to connect this router?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card