Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

3850 License upgrade to IP services

I have what I hope is a simple question. I need to upgrade my 3850's to IP Services, from IP Base. The license sku that is listed in some Cisco documentation to do this is L-C3850-24-S-E but when I enter that sku in the Cisco commerce site nothing comes up.

Does anyone know what the proper SKU would be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Expert

try this:

L-C3850-RTU=

HTH

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Expert

try this:

L-C3850-RTU=

HTH

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you Reza! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Highlighted
VIP Mentor

First you need to check

1. what IOS you have in the device.. show version and dir will show you that inforation.

2. if you already have right ios image universal one

3. you can use below command right to use

license right-to-use activate ipbase | ipservices evaluation <slot #> acceptEULA

you can order :

L-C3850-RTU=

or

L-C3850-24-L-E

BB

*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Highlighted

We're currently running

Cisco IOS Software [Gibraltar], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 16.12.3a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I believe it was the suggested release last time we went to patch. Also I think the right-to-use was deprecated at some point from these 16.X.X versions if I'm not mistaken.

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Community Legend

16.12.X support Cisco Smart License.  The paper- or electronic license is of no use.  

Highlighted

Sorry I don't fully understand. What would I need to do to have the IP services legitimately enabled using smart licensing?

There is nothing like Cisco licensing, whether smart or traditional, that could be more confusing/infuriating to me...

Highlighted

anything 16.12.X  is a smart license.

here is the guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/mesh/8-2/b_Smart_Licensing_Deployment_Guide.html

BB

Highlighted

Thanks I will certainly will read through it.

Just a little more clarification, this would only apply if we're running 16.12.X version but not for other 16.X.X versions like Fuji-16.09.06 which is the current suggested release for the 3850's?

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Community Legend

@AFlack20 wrote:

There is nothing like Cisco licensing, whether smart or traditional, that could be more confusing/infuriating to me...

Welcome to the club!

Cisco Smart License starts from 16.9.X up to 16.12.X.  If, for example, the stack is running 16.6.X then the "traditional" paper- or electronic license is honoured.

NOTE:

Starting with 17.3.2, Cisco will be deploying a new method of Smart Licensing.

Highlighted
VIP Mentor

You have the right image, use the license i have to suggest to upgrade from IP base to IP Services good for you.

yes smart license is the way to go

BB

Content for Community-Ad