Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 Replacement

Moudar
VIP
VIP

Hi there,

We're currently running a Cisco WS-C3850-12S switch with fiber interfaces for our network. It utilizes Layer 3 VLANs with basic routing and a few VRFs.

While the Cisco C9300X-12Y-A seems like a suitable replacement, it exceeds our current needs and budget.

I'd appreciate your recommendations for alternative switch models that would be compatible with our existing setup (L3 VLANs, basic routing, and VRFs) and offer similar capabilities to the WS-C3850-12S, but at a more cost-effective price point.

Any ideas!

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- A generic starting point can be found here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/switch-selector.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I thought about own experience, the link you attached say only 9300 nothing more!

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WS-C3850-12S

12 SFP

So you mentioned C9300X-12Y  - is the same model for all SFP ports

I know the Cat 9300 switches are expensive and also unlike old switches - you need to add Network advantage and DNA License to get all the feature you looking.

that is the least model you can replace with the model you mentioned at this stage from cisco offerings.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Either get a 9300X-12Y or get a 9500-24Y.  

Those are the options.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card