Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 Stack from 3.3.5 to 3.6.3

Lee Smitherman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Had 4 hours of downtime last night as 1 switch in our stack didnt want to upgrade to version 3.6.3, everytime it booted it dropped to RMON.  Dropping 3.3.5 back on was fine, but no matter which way (Install, Bundle, booting off USB), it would`nt play ball. We even used the USB on the device thats failing to copy it over to the second switch in the stack that was fine.  Anyone seen this before? As it stands it will not upgrade.

(we tried multiple usb keys, multiple copies and downloads of the image file)

Bootable image at @ ram:0x6042e34c

Bootable image segment 0 address range [0x81100000, 0x82140000] is in range [0x80180000, 0x90000000].

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@boot_system: 377

Loading Linux kernel with entry point 0x8166a500 ...

Bootloader: Done loading app on core_mask: 0xf

### Launching Linux Kernel (flags = 0x5)

Verification log saved to crashinfo as verify-rp_infra-1449535456977335890.log

Signature Verification Failed on /flash/cat3k_caa-infra.SPA.03.06.03E.pkg

%IOSXEBOOT-4-SWTREE: (rp/0): Signature Verification Failed on /flash/cat3k_caa-infra.SPA.03.06.03E.pkg

%IOSXEBOOT-4-ABORT: (rp/0): Signature Verification Failed on /flash/cat3k_caa-infra.SPA.03.06.03E.pkg Failed to process provisioning file (/tmp/packages.conf).

%IOSXEBOOT-4-ABORT: (rp/0): Signature Verification Failed on /flash/cat3k_caa-infra.SPA.03.06.03E.pkg Failed to process provisioning file (/tmp/packages.conf).

6 Replies 6

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

looks like it loaded a crash file did you collect it , you will probably need TAC for that if its there to diagnose a crash file

colbysunday
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the exact issue with the jump from 3.3.5 to 3.6.3. I can get it to install in bundle mode but once I attempt to put it in install mode from bundle it crashes again. Setting it back to 3.3.5 is the only way I can get the switch to function properly again.

Hi, 

After logging a call with Cisco they replaced the switch.  Wouldn't comment on what the issue was,  however placed this switch in the stack,  did the upgrade process and worked sweet as a nut.  All upgraded and rebooted in 20 minutes. 

Lee. 

Did they look at your crash file at all? Is this worth calling them on and opening a TAC? Or should I just RMA it?

I would open a TAC case,  it was through that we got a replacement after investigations. 

Lee. 

Check out the attachment and the red font error message! I received this when attempting to troubleshoot and run 3.6.3 on one of our faulty switches. Again only emergency-install of 3.3.5 would get us back to functional.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card