cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 Switch no responding

abarb002
Level 1
Level 1

So I attempted to configure some ports on my Cisco 3850 switch, and nothing. I can enter a shutdown command, the sh run int will show the commands, but the port will not shut down physically. Has any one else encountered a situation like this? Will rebooting solve this issue? I even tried connecting a laptop to an access port, and it did no recognize the connection. Also, one of the ports is transferring data, but using the sh int command, it shows not connected. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most likely a bug in the IOS version you are running. Try a reboot but long term you would need to upgrade.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Most likely a bug in the IOS version you are running. Try a reboot but long term you would need to upgrade.

HTH

I thought as much. The problem is our facility is constantly running exercises and doing so may interrupt training. At this point, my superiors will just have to bless off on this. No choice. 

Thanks for the quick response. 

I can understand the situation, it happened all the time due to availability nee 100%

Due to the fast-growing industry - I really see some time pain about these bugs.

Unlike the old days. we hardly see any bugs for a while and we see a much stable version.

I know cisco needs to streamline these bugs and required more Testings (I am sure they do but need to take more steps before coming into the market.)

by the way, can you post show version?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

In the mean time, you may want to research and read the release notes for the version of the software you want to upgrade to. This way if it happens again, you can quickly upgrade the switch during a maintenance window.

HTH

What firmware is the switch running on?
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card