Previously I asked about this topic, than was only a plan and now we have already the Nexus switches.
Here is the current topology and next the migrated draw with 2 piecies 5548UP (L3 card + license too)
1. ZONE-4s24 is 4pcs WS-C3850-24T in stack and only 2 switch has 10Gbps Network modul (2x2 port)
2. ZONE-4s24 has both L3 and L2 function
- Advertise server networks with OSPF
- Routing between VLAN
- Direct link to servers, blade switches, firewall etc.
- The 10Gbps moduls link use to servers not the other switches
3. ZONE-4s24 connect to Core-AB with L3 PoCh
4. Core-AB (2pcs C3850-24T) connect Core-CD L3 link with PoCh3 copper, PoCh4 is the redundant link (higher OSPF cost)
5. Core-AB is the OSPF DR of the full network, to advertise HQ and Branch Office networks
6. Core-CD is the OSPF BDR, to advertise Partner networks
1. Every 3850 will get 10Gbps network modul, so the Core-AB and Core-CD switch to connect with 2x10Gbps
2. ZONE-4s24 is 4 unit stack and i want to split 2 part (ZONE-A, ZONE-B) and they will have only L2 task
3. In current state the ZONE-4s24 doesn't has redundant link, its a SPOF and traffic from partner's network goes to Core-CD --> Core-AB --> ZONE instead of Core-CD --> Zone directly.
So I want Nexus switches connect to both switch.
4. Nexus primary and secondary have to take over L3 task of ZONA-4s24 and to link ZONE-A and ZONE-B with L2 vPC 2x10Gbps
My question is relate to 3. Routing between Nexus-CoreAB and Nexus-CoreCD
I read that after 7.3.0 IOS can be work the L3 dynamic routing, but I found only this relevant example:
Common routing vlan is VLAN 2 - 10.58.16.0/29. (In draw is vlan 10...)
So what I did (relevant part):
Core-AB Te1/1/3 --> N5k_prim Eth1/1
Core-AB Te2/1/3 --> N5k_secon Eth1/1
In this case I got trunk connection in port-channel 10 without ospf neigbors.
The 2 new Nexus are in our lab room with 2pcs spare 3850. I updated the IOS (7.3.3.) and I know to try different config versions.
Small step toward , repaired the ospf adjency between the Nexus pair. They see each other (int vlan 2 down..) But the CoreAB OSPF process doesn't see the Nexus switches.
I don't know why inactive area 0 on CoreAB.