I'm at a loss, either this will be a something simple I overlooked or something bizarre.
Starting with the switch
- port gi 0/18 is configured with 10.10.100.2/30 as per most documents
- port gi 0/17 I have configured as a trunk port and tried just leaving it Default.
- port gi 0/2 is configured as an access port vlan 102
- I have created vlan 102 with an ip address.
- I have set the last resort route to point to 10.10.100.1/30 which is on the routers
At the router
- Has Gi0/0 connected to the internet
- from the router I can ping 220.127.116.11
- I have configured gi 2/0 (verified with cdp that this is the port created upon card insertion) With the ip of 10.10.100.1/30
- I have configured a sub-interface gi 2/0.102 and used encap dot1q 102
- I have created a route for vlan 102 that points to 10.10.100.2/30
The results are with a PC with a valid IP from the vlan 102 subnet I can ping the the routers gi0/0 interface and can get no further. I can not ping 18.104.22.168.
Any help would be appreciated.