Views
Helpful
Replies

4506 with PWR-C45-4200ACV and WS-X4248-RJ45V POE Mod

nap.deguzman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I've got this issue later wherein my Catalyst 4506 SW (with the modules and power supplies below) had ports in module 2 that do not provide power to the connected phones. There are ports in module 2 that provide power to phones, I think only 26 ports are not working at the moment. Tried to adjust the power inline consumption/static commands but still those ports failed to supply power to the connected phones.

Mod 1 - WS-X4013+

Mod 2 to 6 - WS-X4248-RJ45V

PS1     PWR-C45-4200ACV   AC 4200W   good

PS2     PWR-C45-4200ACV   AC 4200W   good

SW3#sh power inline f2/37
Available:3675(w)  Used:1217(w)  Remaining:2458(w)

Interface Admin  Oper            Power(Watts)     Device              Class
                            From PS    To Device                   
--------- ------ ---------- ---------- ---------- ------------------- -----

Fa2/37    auto   off        0.0        0.0        n/a                 n/a 

Interface  AdminPowerMax   AdminConsumption   
             (Watts)           (Watts)          
---------- --------------- -------------------- 

Fa2/37                15.4                  7.0

I also see these messages on the switch logs.

Feb 11 10:02:40.012 UTC: %C4K_CHASSIS-5-POEHEALTHCHECKFAILED: Poe Health Check failed on slot 2 (count = 96)

Feb 12 10:02:37.989 UTC: %C4K_CHASSIS-5-POEHEALTHCHECKFAILED: Poe Health Check failed on slot 2 (count = 100)

Does the 4506 has a limitation on the maximum number of PoE ports that it can power up given my modules and power supply capacity mentioned above?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What is the output of sh power?

HTH

Thanks for the replies Guys, this has been resolved after reseating the module.

John Cui
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Explanation:
%C4K_CHASSIS-5-POEHEALTHCHECKFAILED: Poe Health Check failed on slot [dec] (count = [dec])

PoE health check has failed on a module. The PoE service provided by the module may be
unavailable.

Recommended Action: If the message shows up rarely and coincides with external events such
as input power supplies being changed, this message can be safely ignored. If the message
shows up continuously, please contact your Cisco representative for a replacement of the
module.

You can reseat the module, check whether it can recover, if not , I think you need try to replace the module.

Thanks,

Jack

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card