cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

48 Port Copper/fiber combination Switch?

jinkazama_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Was wondering if you could help, i am after a 32 or 48 port GE switch with Fiber/Ethernet connections, i believe Dell offer a comparable item but i was wondering if cisco do any compination ports of this type? Would it be a matter of using GBIC ports with a GLC-T to run the cooper?

Please let me know as this is urgent.

Many Thanks

Omid

2 Replies 2

mainesy
Level 1
Level 1

Are you looking for 48 ports of GE over RJ45 port or 48 ports over fiber?

Based on 48 ports of GE over RJ45 ports, there are any number of combinations you can use as a solution. If you will be tying servers off the ports, I would definately stay either with the Catalyst 3750 line or the Catalyst 4500 series line.

If you are just using them as access layer switches, you can do combination of 2970's and 3750's.

What exactly are you looking to connect off these ports?

Hi,

thanks for your help, sorry my discription was a little ambigous. My cusomer has requested a 48port non-moduler switch with Ethernet AND fiber... i.e dual port. So using a single port it can run fiber and ethernet. I did not think this was posible, but Dell seem to offer this.

The only solution i could think of was GBIC slots using GLC-T for the RJ45 and GLC-MM-SX for the Fiber?

Cisco offer a 10port GBIC switch, otherwise they do modules for the 4500 etc.

Sounds strange, i did not think it was possible!

Thanks again

Omid

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card