cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 LAN to WAN QoS Handoff - Egress Remarking

jtofflemire
Level 1
Level 1

Alright... I have QoS Deployed and working on my LAN, ingress marking everything appropriately at the edge (3750 stacks), and The core is trusting ingress traffic from the edge.  What I have not yet figured out is how to get my traffic re-marked to match my WAN QoS policy.  Effectively I want to restrict Marking of Video Traffic to a specific Video Conference system or group of Video Conference Systems (either based on MAC/Current Marking, or IP/Port matching so that only specific systems get QoS on the WAN (basically if they purchase QoS for a specific Unit).

I have 2 site models:

Main Facilities

Cisco 6509 Core Switches, with Sup720's, with WS-X6748-SFP and WS-X6748-GE-TX blades running Modular IOS. Handing off to the Service Providers CE Router on a .1q trunk from the GE-TX blade.

Satelite Facilities

Cisco 3750 switch stack, running IOS, and handing off L3 routed interface to the Service Providers CE Router.

Any one have any ideas/recommendations.

1 Reply 1

Fabienne Stephanoff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

It appears you will need to remark the traffic on egress using a service policy. The 3750 does not support egress policing and on the 6500, it is restricted to L3 interfaces or SVIs only.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1727221

Excerpt:

PFC QoS supports the output keyword only with a PFC3 and only on Layer 3 interfaces (either LAN ports configured as Layer 3 interfaces or VLAN interfaces). With a PFC3, you can attach both an input and an output policy map to a Layer 3 interface.

You may want to open a service request at this point to see what else can be done.

There is a link now from the community to open a TAC case.

Hope this helps.

Fabienne.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card