Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 CatOS to IOS migration

m-mneimneh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have tried converting my 6509's existing CatOS {version 8.4} to IOS {12.2}, following the manual process. the 6509 has a Sup2 & an MSFC2.

When i was done uploading the IOS & restarted the switch, the switch would boot normally, but the RP would crash & generate crash info file in the switch's flash. i am wondering if anyone has experienced such a case.

thank you,

-Mohamad.

6 Replies 6

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

I have done this succesfully in the past.

The procedure is described in:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa6.shtml#conv_msfc_2

Goodluck!

Regards,

Leo

lioncool
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same situation with 6509 Sup2/MSFC2. It works fine with Hybrid, but when I'm trying to upgrade it to the native IOS the SP boots perfectly but RP crashes:

00:00:01: %SYS-3-LOGGER_FLUSHING: System pausing to ensure console debugging output.

00:00:01: %C6MSFC-3-NOCPUVER: Invalid CPU ID 9999. System crashed to ROMMON

00:00:02: %SYS-3-LOGGER_FLUSHED: System was paused for 00:00:00 to ensure console debugging output.

00:00:02: %OIR-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to switch processor

I've tried to update RP rommon, to change the IOS version - no luck. It's always the same problem (%C6MSFC-3-NOCPUVER).

Any ideas?

Hi,

i have escalated this issue to a Cisco partner. i should get an answer within a couple of days, and i'll keep you posted.

did you get any answer from cisco?

same problem here

Hi Soheil,

actually i did not; this case remains unsolved. let me know if you get to the bottom of it.

thanks,

-Mohamad.

Same issue faced while trying to upgrade the MSFC.

Any suggestions!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card