Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 dhcp replacement for Datacenter switch

Hello,

We are planning for replacing the current fantastic 6509-E core switch with another switch specifically for the datacenter part.

We were planning to implement a nexus switch, but unfortunately we have been informed that it doesn't support DHCP server function which is very vital in our datacenter.

Any compatible switch for the datacenter that supports DHCP server feature? 

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

None of Nexus device support DHCP - Since this DC environment. most have their own DHCP setup,

there is 2 option.

1. Nexus support container, so you can install container of DHCP inside Nexus - bit technical possible.

2. i get install Linux any old used PC to support as DHCP Server - i prefer to do this- it take hardly 1-2hours of your time.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

None of Nexus device support DHCP - Since this DC environment. most have their own DHCP setup,

there is 2 option.

1. Nexus support container, so you can install container of DHCP inside Nexus - bit technical possible.

2. i get install Linux any old used PC to support as DHCP Server - i prefer to do this- it take hardly 1-2hours of your time.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Aligned with other reply , use 'standalone dhcp server/service' and separate it from the network layer.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card