Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 Switch Infomation

JAYESH RAMAIYA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a 6509 switch that has failed a PSU.

All of our other corporate switches and Cisco equipment are under hardware maintance by an outside company.

For instance if a psu goes down on a 6509 we ring them and normally supply the serial number and send us a replacement psu to install ourselves.       

On this instance, however I've rang them and this particular switch is not on the maintance contract. I know this is a dual power so we are ok the moment but if we the other psu goes down then things could get tricky.

I have been asked to gather as much information about the 6509 as poss to supply to the outside company. .

I have used show inventory for the serial number, show version and show power, (show flash does not work) . Is there any other show commands that I could use

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The only other item I would add is "sh module".  Other than this, you have supplied all the other info.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Give the company (who holds the maintenance contract) the serial number of a chassis YOU KNOW has a maintenance contract.  And then tell them that the PSU has failed.

Make sure the chassis you've selected has the same PSU power rating as the one that failed.

I was going to suggest that as well leolaohoo

But I don't know if the PSU SN shows up...can't recall if it does on my old 6509's at my old job.

I think you can see the SN on the unit's themselves.

But I don't know if the PSU SN shows up...

The command "sh inventory" will publish the S/N of the PSU, however, TAC wants the S/N of the chassis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card