cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6513 - Mod 9 recycling power - 10 gig 6704 card

dclee
Level 1
Level 1

Been troubleshooting this issue for a few days now..

I have 2 6513's between floors that have a port channel between them using 2 10 gig interfaces on 6704 cards
This weekend I lost the port channel for about 4 mins and then it came back up. Unfort at the time I had logging
turned off so was unable to get any info as to why. But I turned on debugging that eve and this morn it happened again.

Looks like Mod 9 is being power recycled, 6704 is about a year old and had been running for a month or so without issue.
The only thing I have upgraded in the last few weeks was I put in a pair of 6000w supplies..But I am not having any other issues
other than mod 9. Any ideas ?? In hind sight a better design would be to spread this port channel across 10 gig cards. I'll work on that next.

Any help would be appreciated.

2w2d: %OIR-SP-3-PWRCYCLE: Card in module 9, is being power-cycled 'Off (Module Reset due to exception or user request)'
2w2d: %C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 9 set Off (Module Reset due to exception or user request)
*Mar 1 00:00:02.331: DaughterBoard (Centralized Forwarding Card)

Firmware compiled 15-Nov-11 14:23 by integ Build [100]
Feb 27 10:43:53.927: %SYS-CFC9-5-RESTART: System restarted --
Cisco IOS Software, c6lc2 Software (c6lc2-SP-M), Version 12.2(33)SXJ2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 14-Dec-11 19:50 by prod_rel_team
Feb 27 10:43:53.931: CFC9: Currently running ROMMON from S (Gold) region
2w2d: %DIAG-SP-6-RUN_MINIMUM: Module 9: Running Minimal Diagnostics...
2w2d: %DIAG-SP-6-DIAG_OK: Module 9: Passed Online Diagnostics
2w2d: %OIR-SP-6-INSCARD: Card inserted in slot 9, interfaces are now online

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gurpreet Kochar
Level 1
Level 1

Most likely the line card stops responding to the supervisior and therefore the microcode of the line card is reloaded to attempt to bring it out of that situation.

Suggestions:-

1. Reseat the line card if it has not  been reseated

2. Move the line card to a different slot and see if the problem follows

3. Most likely you would end of getting the line card replaced. Open a TAC case and request for RMA.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gurpreet Kochar
Level 1
Level 1

Most likely the line card stops responding to the supervisior and therefore the microcode of the line card is reloaded to attempt to bring it out of that situation.

Suggestions:-

1. Reseat the line card if it has not  been reseated

2. Move the line card to a different slot and see if the problem follows

3. Most likely you would end of getting the line card replaced. Open a TAC case and request for RMA.

New card is on the way

New card is on the way

I agree with point Gurpreet's #2.  You need to determine if the issue is the blade (good news) or the back-plane (bad news).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card